Our Commitment to You & Your Support
Brahma Kumaris (BK) Calgary is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for every individual who wishes to access the centre space and further their spiritual development. We strive to provide an atmosphere that nurtures every-one ‘on the inside’ — which we feel is as important as taking physical care in these unprecedented times.
In response to reopening/opening the centre space for our Raja Yoga course or meditation sessions, we have put in place certain measures in accordance to the Government of Alberta’s Relaunch Guidelines for Places of Worship, issued through Alberta Health Services (AHS).
As per the government guidelines, we have strategically focused on a controlled phase approach, so we do not impact our future plans and successfully contribute to doing our part to ‘help prevent the spread’. We appreciate the support from the attendees and look forward to providing the spiritual services that BK Calgary has been providing for many years.
Below are some details of our plan:
PREPARE THE CENTRE SPACE
- Currently, BK Calgary is welcoming a limited number of attendees to a single event, including the Raja Yoga Foundation Course and evening meditation sessions.
- Seating arrangements are re-organized so that the designated attendees and required facilitators can sit in the same room while appropriately distanced.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are strategically placed in the centre, including point of entry/exit and outside the washroom. Multiple garbage bins are also provided for safe disposal of waste.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING THE SPACE
- To maintain high hygiene levels, we have engaged professional cleaning services who are using top-grade disinfectant. Together with our volunteers, we are making sure that the centre space is getting cleaned every day of the week.
- Particular attention is given to high traffic areas including entrance lobby, common zone outside the classroom and the washroom.
- Highly touched/shared surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, toilet handles, faucets and taps are cleaned daily.
REGISTRATION FOR THE ATTENDEES
- All attendees must register (RSVP) prior to attending any event at the centre space.
- We kindly request each attendee who is visiting the centre space for the first time complete the mandatory COVID Health Declaration and Consent form. Please click HERE to download and read the form.
- Each attendee will acknowledge that they read and will comply with the health safety measures during every visit at the centre space.
ENTERING / EXITING THE CENTRE SPACE
- In accordance with the City of Calgary mask bylaws, all attendees are required to wear a non-medical mask while entering, exiting and being inside the centre space.
- Centre facilitators shall be present at the entrance to facilitate entry and exit for each event. Attendees shall abide by the facilitators’ instructions.
- Facilitators shall a) verbally confirm the individual’s health questions with respect to COVID-19; b) will request attendees sign the COVID Health Declaration and Consent form if visiting for the first time, which we will keep onsite; and c) take attendance and keep a list of attendees at each event for 14 days, for tracing purpose.
- Attendees shall refrain from bringing any food or drink, including coffee, to any event. Only water bottles will be allowed.
- Attendees shall be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the centre space. Attendees are encouraged not to gather in a crowd at any time in the centre. No contact of any kind is permitted.
- All attendees are encouraged to maintain 2 metres, or 6-feet, of physical distance at all times.
- BK Calgary has temporarily paused offering any food or beverages to attendees, including fruits and juices.
- BK Calgary has paused the use of water fountain services to the attendees. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own filled water bottle.
- There will be NO Lost and Found. Any items left behind, such as personal belongings or water bottles, will be disposed of the same day.
All attendees are highly encouraged to follow Alberta Health Services, Government of Alberta and City of Calgary guidelines in their conduct inside and outside of the centre space to mitigate the risks of virus transmission.
BK Calgary shall continue to monitor the situation and take necessary further precautions to ensure your safety. If you have questions or concerns, please connect us at email@example.com