Our Commitment to You
Brahma Kumaris (BK) Calgary is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for every individual who wishes to access the centre space and further their spiritual development. We strive to provide an atmosphere that nurtures every-one ‘on the inside’ — which we feel is as important as taking physical care.
In response to reopening the centre space for our Raja Yoga course or meditation sessions, we will continue with certain measures for the comfort of all accessing the space. We appreciate the support from the attendees and look forward to providing the spiritual services that BK Calgary has been providing for many years.
Brahma Kumaris (Canada) Centres Vaccination Policy
After carefully paying attention to all the different arguments for or against the vaccine, we feel confident that the vaccine remains the best solution at the moment to stop the pandemic and save lives all over the world. Taking the vaccine protects the self and others from unnecessary risks of serious illness or death, and it is a responsible way to cooperate with the health authorities and the government.
To ensure a safe environment and avoid putting anyone at risk unnecessarily, all Canadian Centres of the Brahma Kumaris will welcome onto their premises those who are fully vaccinated. We welcome those not vaccinated to participate in our online programming.
Implementation of the Vaccination Policy on October 15, 2021
As of Friday, October 15, everyone will need to provide proof of full vaccination on arrival at the NE Centre along with a valid photo ID. We invite you to allow a little extra time on your first visit to allow time to process your information. You will not need to provide proof of vaccination on subsequent visits, and (for privacy reasons) we will not retain any of your documents. To obtain your proof of vaccination, please visit https://www.albertavaccinerecord.ca.
For those who wish to visit us onsite, but are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccination due to a confirmed medical exemption or religious reasons, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Attending Sessions Onsite
Currently, BK Calgary is welcoming attendees onsite to selected events, including the Raja Yoga Foundation Course and evening meditation sessions. Class size will be limited to allow for comfortable seating arrangements. We request you observe the following measures while onsite:
- Mask-wearing is mandatory for the duration of your visit.
- Registration (RSVP) is required prior to attending any event and during first onsite visit signing of attached Consent and Waiver form.
- Please refrain from bringing any food or drink, including coffee. Water bottles are permitted and encouraged.
- Hand-sanitizing is required upon arrival
- Seating is arranged at required 2-metres distance so that the designated attendees and required facilitators can be present in the same room
Additional Information on Safety and Hygiene
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are strategically placed throughout the centre, including points of entry/exit and outside the washroom. Multiple garbage bins are also provided for safe disposal of waste.
- To maintain high hygiene levels, we continue to engage professional cleaning services who are using top-grade disinfectant. Together with our volunteers, we are making sure that the centre space is getting cleaned regularly during the week.
- All attendees are highly encouraged to follow Alberta Health Services, Government of Alberta and City of Calgary guidelines in their conduct inside and outside of the centre space to mitigate the risks of virus transmission.
- Although we are diligent to maintain the highest standards of safety and hygiene, we recognize that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact. Brahma Kumaris Calgary has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, we cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
BK Calgary shall continue to monitor the situation and take necessary further precautions to ensure your safety. If you have questions or concerns, please connect us at firstname.lastname@example.org